Monday, November 10, 2008

Soar Like an Eagle

Today was a weird day for me. I've been rather anxious all day and I don't know why. I just kept reminding myself of the beautiful revealing verses I've been reading in the Bible Enjoying them even more because I believe them now!I think one of the first eyeopeners for me was Nehemiah 9:31 "But in your great mercy you did not put an end to them or abandon them, for you are a gracious and merciful God." He DID NOT abandon me, I abandoned me but he did not. Isaiah 40:29-31
29 "He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
When I read those words "soar on wings like eagles" I feel a joy in my heart that I have never felt before. God wants us to soar! Not walk around with our heads low and be sad. I am working toward that soaring everyday. I used to think I would never get there, but now I see it is possible. What a wonderful light to have.
Michele

3 comments:

Richard said...

I have seen you soar before without God's Help. I can't wait to see how you soar with God. It should be spectacular. You are already spreading your wings.
I LUB YA
ME

Tammy Day said...

I just wanted to tell you I have seen God work in you over the past year, you are so diffrent. Just know if you turn all things over to him, he will take care of you ! I was so glad to see you last night I had been praying for you all week.
God Bless

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you Michele. All I can say is I am sorry and I hope you can forgive me for being such a crappy friend. This is my FAVORITE Bible Verse and it is so true to me and you. You soar, girl!!