Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Darkness

Tonight I was at church and I needed to go into the office. All the lights were out and I had to walk across the room to get to the light switch. I did this three times. The first time I was a bit shaky (I'm afraid of the dark) but I held my breath and made it through. The second time I thought I saw something move and at first I started to freak out about it, then I remembered one of the Bible verses I've been reading and I spoke out loud (at no one in particular) "you will not win this time!" It worked!! The third time I went in I wasn't even scared!

John 12:46 "I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness."

God is our light and salvation. There is no other way to look at it. I need to continue to put my faith in God and his Word, so that I will grow stronger. This is my goal for tomorrow....To read more of God's word and when I feel sad or afraid to remember to have faith in what God wants for me.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Right on! Keep up the good work.